Each day, our body makes it possible for us to move, rest, breathe, dream, and think. For our body to support us, we need to get the right nutrients to make it easier. Healthy food helps support the immune system. The immune system recognizes and destroys invaders quickly if it enters the body. Having proper nutrition helps you fight the coronavirus. Eating healthy;
- Improves your energy level and mood
- Helps you fight all disease more effectively not just the coronavirus disease
- Lessens depression and anxiety
- Can be a lifestyle
- Won’t magically cure or prevent coronavirus disease
- Can’t be a substitute for wearing of mask or social distancing
FOODS THAT HELP YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
1. Try new fruits and veggies: Fruits and veggies that lessen the inflammation are onions, celery, tomatoes, berries, and apples.
2. Drink more water: Water is beneficial to remove toxins in your body. It also carries oxygen to your entire body.
3. Improve fermented foods: These foods have good bacteria called probiotics, which help your immune system. Eating more fermented foods decreases diarrhea, bloating, and gas. Some great sources of these are yogurt, kombucha, and sauerkraut.
4. Get some omega-3s: This helps lessen inflammation, and some foods rich in omega-3 are chia seeds, walnuts, and salmon.
FOODS TO AVOID
1. High-fat foods: Your gut doesn’t like a lot of fatty foods or red meats. The mighty microbes prefer fiber, leafy greens, and other nutrient-dense foods.
2. Sugar: This is fine in moderation. However, excessive sugar might weaken your immune system.
3. Processed foods: This type of food can limit the ability of your body to fight infectious diseases effectively. Try to scale back a little and replace chips with carrots for a crunchy snack.
HOW FOODS AFFECT YOUR HEALTH
What you eat is what helps your immune system. Inflammation is a normal alert to fight attackers but if it goes on too long, it can hurt you and your capability to fight disease effectively. No matter your size or shape, your body is beautiful.
CAN SUPPLEMENTS PREVENT COVID-19?
There is no certain food, nutrient, or supplement that can prevent COVID-19. Nevertheless, eating healthily helps your body with any infection or diseases. Supplements like minerals and vitamins can be helpful. It will be helpful only if you are getting enough nutrients regularly. If you take too much at one time, supplements can be bad for you. Everything is best in moderation. If you have chronic health conditions, check with your healthcare provider before taking them.
- Regular Exercise: It is recommended that you may have at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise per week.
- Getting Quality Sleep: Have a routine for sleep.
- Reducing Stress: You can have activities in your daily life that help you handle stress such as meditation, making art, or other hobbies.
- Quitting Smoking: You can get great support if you quit smoking.
- Drinking Alcohol Only In Moderation: Limit the amount of alcohol intake.
- Good Hygiene: Practice hand and food hygiene. Wash your hands often, before and after handling food.