Trimipramine Maleate is used for the treatment of depression. This helps improves your mood and sense of well-being and lets you enjoy more of your everyday life. Trimipramine Maleate is a tricyclic antidepressant that restores the balance of a certain natural substance in the brain. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this prescription. Trimipramine Maleate comes as a tablet for oral use with the dosage strengths of 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg.
Depression isclassified as a mood disorder and may be described as feelings of loss,sadness, or anger that interfere with a person’s everyday activities. Peopleexperience depression in different ways;
- Dailywork which results in lost time and lower productivity
- Chronichealth problems
It’simportant to realize that feeling down at times is a normal part of life. Beingupset or sad happens to everyone. But, if you’re feeling hopeless or downregularly, you could be dealing with depression. This type of condition isconsidered a serious medical condition that can get worse without propertreatment. Depression can be more than a constant state of sadness or feelingblue. The symptoms of depression can be experienced differently among men,women, and children. Signs and symptoms may include:
- Aggressiveness, anger, anxiousness
- Feeling sad, empty, hopeless
- Loss of interest, withdrawing from social engagements
- Thoughts of suicide
- Thinking or talking more slowly
- Decreased energy, sleeping too much, waking up early
- Greater fatigue, increased cramps, changes in appetite
- Weights changes, headache, aches or pain
- Reduced sexual desire, inability to concentrate
- Delayed responses during conversations
- Drinking excessively or engaging in high-risk activities
There arelots of things people can do to help decrease the symptoms of depression. Forseveral people, consistent exercise benefits a positive feeling and improvesmood. Eating a healthy diet, having enough quality sleep regularly, andavoiding alcohol can also help lessen symptoms of depression.
How doesTrimipramine Maleate work?
TrimipramineMaleate works by enhancing the activity of neurotransmitters callednoradrenaline and serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is connected to theregulation of sleep and mood. Noradrenaline is responsible for how the personreacts to anxiety and stress. It is also associated with the fight-or-flightresponse.
Neurotransmittersare natural body chemicals that act as chemical messengers between the nervecells. In depression, less noradrenaline and serotonin than normal is releasedfrom nerve cells in the brain. Trimipramine Maleate prolongs the effects ofnoradrenaline and serotonin that have been released in the brain. Over time,this helps to lighten the mood and relieve depression.
This medication won’t change your personality or make you feel instantly happy and relaxed. This works overtime to correct the chemical changes in your brain that have made you depressed. Trimipramine Maleate also helps you get back to feeling like your old self.
How touse Trimipramine Maleate?
Dosage isbased on your medical condition and response to therapy. Your doctor may startyou at a low dose and gradually increase your dose. Use this medicationregularly to get the most benefit from it. It is important to continue takingthis medication even if you feel well.
Take thismedication by mouth with or without food, usually 1-3 times a day. If takingthis medication once a day, take it at bedtime to lessen the risk ofdrowsiness.
TrimipramineMaleate does not work right away. It may take 2 to 4 weeks before youexperience the full benefits. To help you remember, use it at the same timeeach day. You should not stop quickly taking this medication without theconsultation of your doctor. Certain disorders may get worse when themedication is stopped. Your dosage might need to be slowly reduced. Inform yourdoctor if your condition does not improve or if it worsens. If you missed adose, call your doctor right away for instructions. Do not double the dose tomake up for your missed dose.
What arethe side effects of Trimipramine Maleate?
- Sleep problems or insomnia
- Blurred vision
- Numbness or tingling in your hands or feet
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Changes in weight
- Breast swelling in men or women
Call yourdoctor right away if these side effects occur:
- Blurred or tunnel vision
- Eye pain or swelling
- New or worsening chest pain
- Seeing halos around lights
- Unusual thought or behavior
- Painful or difficult urination
- Pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- A light-headed feeling like you might pass out
- Sudden weakness or ill feeling
- Chills or fever sore throat
- Restless muscle movements in your eyes, jaw, tongue, or neck
- High levels of serotonin in the body (loss of coordination, agitation, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, or fainting)
- Trimipramine Maleate may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or problems concentrating and blurred vision. It could reduce your ability to drive safely. Do not drive if affected.
- This medication can sometimes make you feel dizzy or unsteady when you get up from lying down or sitting. Try to get up slowly to avoid this.
- Trimipramine Maleate may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight than usual. Do not use sunbeds or sunlamps and avoid exposing your skin to excessive amounts of strong sunlight until you know how it affects you.
- You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine. It will make you more likely to feel dizzy, sleepy, or confused. This effect is likely to be worse if you drink alcohol when you start treatment or after any dose increases.
- This should not be recommended for use in children under 18 years of age, people with severe liver disease, heart disease, bipolar disorder, or with rare hereditary blood disorders.
- This should not be taken by people who are allergic to any ingredient of Trimipramine Maleate.
- A lower dose and extra monitoring are needed in people with liver problems, overactive thyroid gland, those who have difficulty passing urine, and with diabetes.
- For those with chronic constipation or psychotic illnesses, this medication should as well be used carefully.