Norpace (Disopyramide Phosphate) is indicated for the treatment of a certain type of serious irregular heartbeat like persistent ventricular tachycardia. This is used to restore normal heart rhythm and maintain a regular and steady heart.
How does Norpace (Disopyramide Phosphate) Capsule work?
Norpace (Disopyramide Phosphate) is a Type 1A antiarrhythmic drug that inhibits the fast sodium channels. This blocks a certain electrical signal in the heart that can cause an irregular heartbeat. Treating an irregular heartbeat can decrease the risk of blood clots. Its effect can reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke.
Why use Norpace (Disopyramide Phosphate) Capsule?
Norpace active ingredient is Disopyramide Phosphate), it belongs to the group of medications known as an anti-arrhythmic drug. This is for oral administration that has 100mg or 150mg of Disopyramide Phosphate. It is available in immediate-release and controlled-release capsules. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this medication already.
How to use Norpace (Disopyramide Phosphate) Capsule?
The recommended dosage for this drug is based on your medical condition and response.
Norpace Capsule is usually taken 4 times a day for immediate-release form. For extended-release form, it is usually taken twice a day. Swallow it as a whole do not break or chew it. Take it at the same time each day or as directed by your doctor. Use it regularly to get the most benefit of it. Do not stop the medication or change the dose without prescription of your doctor.
What are the side-effects of Norpace (Disopyramide Phosphate) Capsule?]
- Dry mouth, throat, or nose
- Stomach pain
- Dry eyes or blurred vision
- General ill feeling
- Muscle pain or weakness
Call your doctor right away if you have:
- Little or no urinating, difficult or painful urination
- A new or worsening irregular heartbeat pattern
- A light-headed feeling like you might pass out
- Shortness of breath, rapid weight gain or swelling
- Low blood sugar (dizziness, hunger, headache, fast heart rate, sweating, confusion)
Warnings and Precautions
- Before taking this drug, inform your doctor if you have any allergies, medical history, or current medications.
- Stop taking this if there is an allergic reaction or an overdose.
- Do not share this medication with others who have the same symptoms as yours. Let them consult a doctor.
- During pregnancy, this should be used only when clearly needed. Talk to your doctor first if you are breastfeeding women.
- Keep this away from the reach of children.