Molindone Hydrochloride is indicated for the treatment of certain mental/mood disorders such as schizophrenia. This helps you to think more clearly and feel less nervous. This may also reduce aggression and the desire to hurt yourself or others. Molindone Hydrochloride may as well help lessen hallucinations.
Schizophrenia is characterized by abnormal behavior, decreased ability to understand reality, and strange speech.
How does Molindone Hydrochloride work?
Molindone Hydrochloride acts by occupying or antagonizing dopamine (D2)receptor sites. It is in the reticular limbic systems in the brain. Therefore itlessens dopamine activity. Decreased dopamine activity results in decreasedphysiological effects. That it is usually induced by excessive dopaminestimulation, such as those typically seen in manifestations of psychoticdisorders.
Why use Molindone Hydrochloride?
Molindone Hydrochloride is a psychiatric medication or an antipsychotic-type. This helps to restore the balance of certain natural substances in the brain. It is to help you take part in your everyday life. This prescription is already approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Molindone Hydrochloride is supplied as a tablet for oral use. Each tablet is available in the strengths of 5mg, 10 mg, 25 mg, and 50 mg.
How to use Molindone Hydrochloride?
Molindone Hydrochloride is to betaken by mouth. This is usually taken 1 to 4 times a day. Swallow the tablet asa whole with a full glass of water. You may take each dose with or without ameal. Do not take this medication more or less than it is given. It is veryimportant that you follow carefully the prescription of your doctor. The dosageis based on your medical condition, age, and response to the treatment. Letyour doctor know if your condition gets worse or does not improve.
What are the side effects of Molindone Hydrochloride?
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Breast swelling or discharge
- Changes in weight
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not stop taking Molindone Hydrochloride withoutconsulting your doctor.
- Call your doctor if you have any signs of anallergic reaction.
- Tell your doctor if you have any medical historyespecially of heart problems, blood problems, or liver disease.
- This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy. Do notdrive or perform any activity that needs your alertness.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding women,consult your doctor first before using this drug.
- Keep this at a dry and clean place far from heator moisture.