Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide) is used to reduce extra fluid in the body. It may be caused by conditions such as liver or kidney disease and heart failure. This drug can lessen symptoms such as swelling of your ankles or feet and shortness of breath.
This is also used for the treatment of hypertension. Lowering high blood pressure may help prevent heart attack, stroke, or kidney problems.
Howdoes Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide) work?
Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide) helpget rid your body of salt and water. It works by creating your kidneys releasemore salt into your urine. The salt then takes water with it from your blood.That lessens the total of fluid flowing through your blood vessels. In which itlessens pressure on your vessel walls.
Whyuse Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
Microzide contains an active ingredient of Hydrochlorothiazide. It belongs to the class of medications known as diuretics or water pill. It is a white crystalline powder. It is also soluble in water and sodium hydroxide solution. This product is supplied as a capsule for oral use. Each capsule is available in the strengths of 12.5 mg. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication.
Howto use Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide) is to be taken by mouth usually once daily in the morning. If you take it too close to bedtime, you may need to wake up to urinate. It is best to take it at least 4 hours before your bedtime. You may take each dose with or without food, you can also buy this online without prescription. For best result, remember to take it at the same time every day.
The recommended dosage is basedon your medical condition and response. Your doctor will start this medicationat a low dose and gradually increase your dose.
Whatare the side-effects of Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
- Blurred vision
- Light sensitivity
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- Yellow skin or eyes
- Low blood pressure
- You may experience a severe allergic reaction. If it occurs, call your doctor right away.
- Do not double the prescribed dosage. It is to avoid some complications.
- While you are taking this prescription, avoid drinking alcohol.
- Call for medical help right away if there are any signs of overdose.
- Inform your doctor if you have any medical history, current medications, or allergies.
- Do not use this past the expiration date.
- Keep this at a dry and clean place far from heat or moisture.