There lots of individuals expressing fear and angst and looking for ways to cope with the new normal and outbreak. With the entire family is home together all day, school and work schedules disrupted, and loss of daily routine could increase anxiety and mess up a healthy eating lifestyle. Meal planning for the family is already a challenge. It can be more difficult now because there are more people to feed with different tastes. You also need more stocks of food with limited shopping time and limited grocery time. It is very tempting to buy whatever is possible even if it is something that’s part of your normal diet.
Be Mindful On Choosing Good Food
- Make a daily meal plan or schedule: A plan or schedule is more liable for you and others in your household.
- Use apps to stay connected: Stay connected around a meal via Zoom, Skype, or FaceTime with other family members and friends. Share recipes or even cook together via video calls.
- Grocery plan: Try to buy lesser high-sugar or high-salt snacks and processed foods.
- Load up: Stock up lots of vegetables, fruits, healthy fats, whole grains, and lean proteins.
- Save money: Avoid high-sugar juices and soda. You can shift to flavored water with appetizing berries or citrus.
- Enjoy a random comfort food: This might be for a weekly treat. Choose a time and enjoy the foods you want.
It might be a surprise to learn that certain nutrients in food show to lessen anxiety. During these times of outbreak, we all want to feel as good as we can. Lots of people are feeling stressed right now and the reality worsens their feelings of angst which also affects the immune system. Therefore, target foods that boost your immune system. It will have a dual effect – you might feel less anxious and it boosts your immune system. It is recommended to include these foods as a way of healthier options for your nutrition during these stressful times. Each of us must eat and so attending to our nutrition is something we can control. Afterward, you can reap the benefits of an improved mood.
Boost Your Immunity And Lessen Your Anxiety By Choosing:
- Red bell peppers and citrus fruit are both rich in vitamin C. this also support the immune system.
- Spices such as capsaicin, garlic, ginger, and turmeric can be easily added to salad dressings, stews, soups, and stir-fry.
- Food that is rich in zinc including egg yolks, beef, liver, cashews, mussels, clams, and oysters. You can distinguish zinc as an ingredient in cold medicine Zicam. Zinc has some virus-fighting effects.
- Food that is rich in magnesium can help to support immunity and make you feel calmer. Stress could reduce our magnesium levels as well. Magnesium-rich foods whole grains, leafy greens, seeds, nuts, and legumes.
- Fatty fish contains omega-3 fatty acids. A study shows that omega-3s helps lessen anxiety.
- Add some antioxidants to your anti-anxiety diet which may support your immunity.