Inderal (Propranolol Hydrochloride) is used to treat irregular heartbeats, shaking, and high blood pressure. It is used after a heart attack to improve the chance of survival. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent heart attacks, strokes, and kidney problems.
This medication may also be used to prevent migraine headaches and chest pain. Preventing chest pain may help improve your ability to exercise.
How does Inderal (Propranolol Hydrochloride) work?
Inderal (Propranolol Hydrochloride) works by reducing the workload of the heart. It also blocks the release of a substance called renin from the kidneys. The beta-blocking properties help to control heart rhythm and delay the start of chest pain. It also prevents migraines and lessens tremors.
Why use Inderal (Propranolol Hydrochloride)?
Inderal contains an active ingredient of Propranolol Hydrochloride. It is a type of drug called beta blocker. This product comes as a tablet for oral use. Each tablet is available in the strengths of 10 mg, 10 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg, and 80 mg. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this prescription.
How to use Inderal (Propranolol Hydrochloride)?
Inderal (Propranolol Hydrochloride) is to be taken by mouth usually 2 to 4 times a day. Take each dose before meals and at bedtime if you are taking it 4 times a day.
The dosage is based on your condition and response. Pick a time of day that is easy for you to remember. Take each dose at the same time each day. Take it exactly as it is prescribed.
What are the side-effects of Inderal (Propranolol Hydrochloride)?
Common side effects:
- Stomach cramps
- Vision changes
- Sleep problems or unusual dreams
- Difficulty having an orgasm
- Decreased sex drive
Call for medical help if there are signs of an allergic reaction:
- Swelling of your lips, tongue, face, or throat
- Difficulty breathing
If these side effects persist or get worse, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- Let your doctor know if you are taking another medication (vitamins or herbal products).
- If there is a sign of an overdose, call your doctor right away.
- This drug should not be used to treat another medical condition.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding women, consult your doctor first.
- Inform your doctor if you have any medical history.
- Do not twice the prescribed dosage. It may cause another complication.
- Keep this at a dry and clean place away from heat or moisture.