Giazo Tablets is used for the treatment of ulcerative colitis. It is a certain bowel disease that causes long-lasting inflammation and ulcers in your digestive tract. It affects the innermost lining of your large intestine an rectum.
This medication may help reduce symptoms of ulcerative colitis such as:
- Rectal bleeding
- Stomach pain
Howdo Giazo Tablets work?
Giazo Tablets works by decreasing inflammatory of the mucosa or lining and of the colon. It is by damping down the inflammatory process and irritation. It allows the damaged tissue to recover. The exact mechanism it achieves this is not known. However, trials have proven that this medication is effective at decreasing symptoms of ulcerative colitis and improving the healing of the mucosa.
Whyuse Giazo Tablets?
Giazo Tablets contains Balsalazide as an active ingredient. It belongs to the class of medications called aminosalicylates. It is odorless, and orange to yellow microcrystalline powder. It is available as a prodrug that is an anti-inflammatory drug. This comes as a tablet for oral use. Each tablet has 1.1 g of Balsalazide Sodium. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication.
Howto use Giazo Tablets?
Giazo Tablets is to be taken bymouth with a full glass of water. It is usually taken two times a day. You maytake it with or without food. Take this medication regularly to get the mostbenefit from it. Remember to take it at the same time each day.
The recommended dosage is based on your medical condition and response. Do not take it more than the prescribed dosage. It is important to take it exactly as it is prescribed.
Whatare the side-effects of Giazo Tablets?
Common side effects:
- Sleep problems or insomnia
- Muscle or joint pain
- Mouth or throat pain
- Urinary tract infection
- Low iron in the blood or anemia
Call for medical help right away ifthere are signs of an allergic reaction:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your throat, face, lips, or tongue
- Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have any medical history or allergies. Tell as well if you have current medications or treatments.
- Do not double the prescribed dosage of this drug.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- You should not suddenly stop taking this drug without the prescription of your doctor.
- Keep this at room temperature.