Eulexin (Flutamide) is used to treat men with prostate cancer. This may be used with other medications and sometimes with radiation treatments. Prostate cancer is the most common types of cancer in men. It is a small walnut-shaped gland in men. It makes the seminal fluid that nourishes and transports sperm.
How does Eulexin (Flutamide) work?
Eulexin (Flutamide) is one of a class of drugs known as anti-androgens. It acts by directly blocking the cancer-promoting activities of androgens or male sex hormones. In which the principal one is testosterone. Control of metastatic prostate cancer is based on androgen deprivation. Combining this drug with an LHRH agonist is intended to achieve maximum androgen blockade. Thereby it inhibits cancer growth.
Why use Eulexin (Flutamide)?
Eulexin (Flutamide) belongs to the class of medicines known as anti-androgens or anti-testosterone. Testosterones are a natural hormone that helps prostate cancer to grow and spread. This medicine contains Flutamide as an active ingredient. It is acetanilide, nonsteroidal, and orally active anti-androgen. Each capsule has 125 mg of Flutamide for oral use. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication.
How to use Eulexin (Flutamide)?
This drug is to be taken by mouth with a full glass of water. You may take it with or without food. It is usually taken 3 times a day. The dosage is based on your medical condition and response. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day.
Do not change the dosage or suddenly stop the medication without consulting your doctor. Follow the exact prescription of your doctor for best results.
What are the side-effects of Eulexin (Flutamide)?
- Hot flashes
- Breast swelling or tenderness
- Loss of interest in sex
- Upper stomach pain
- Dark urine
- Jaundice or yellowing of the skin or eyes
Call for medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your face, throat, tongue, and face
Warnings and Precautions
- Before taking this medication, let your doctor know if you have any allergies. This may have an inactive ingredient that causes an allergic reaction.
- Tell also to your doctor if your current treatments or medications.
- You should not share this with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- Avoid driving or do anything that needs your alertness. This medicine may make you feel drowsy or dizzy.
- Keep this away from the heat or moisture.