Epuris Capsule is indicated for the treatment of severe cystic acne. It is also called nodular acne that has not responded to other treatment. Nodular acne is caused by inflamed, large, and painful breakouts. It is larger and more serious than a typical pimple. It affects deeper layers of the skin.
How does Epuris Capsule work?
Epuris Capsule works by produces its effect through altering progress. It is through the cell cycle and cell differentiation. These acts lessen sebum production and prevent the blockage of pores. It also prevents the growth of acne-causing bacteria.
This medication does not kill directly the bacteria. But it does reduce the size of sebum ducts and makes it less hospitable to acne-causing bacteria. In some cases, this drug can produce remission of the acne condition.
Why use Epuris Capsule?
Epuris Capsule contains an active ingredient of Isotretinoin. It is in the class of medications known as retinoids. Those are usually used to treat skin problems. It is supplied as capsules for oral administration. Each capsule is available in the strengths of 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, and 40 mg. This prescription was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How to use Epuris Capsule?
Epuris Capsule is usually taken twice a day for about 15-20 weeks. You may take it with or without food. Swallow the capsule as a whole. Do not break or chew it. Take each dose with a full glass of water. Do not lie down for at least 10 minutes after taking it.
The recommended dosage is based on your condition, weight, and response. Remember to take it at the same time every day. Do not increase the dose without consulting your doctor. If you vomit after taking a dose, do not take another dose. Call your doctor right away.
What are the side-effects of Epuris Capsule?
- Stomach upset
- Unusual tiredness
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- Dry or itchy skin, nose or mouth, and eyes
- Pain or tenderness of eyes
- Thinning of hair
- Peeling of skin on palms of hands or soles of feet
- Bone or joint pain
- Blurred visions or other changes in vision
Warnings and Precautions
- Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are allergic to it. Tell also if you have any other allergies.
- This may make you more sensitive to the sun. Limit your time in the sun.
- Do not drive or do any activities that need clear vision. This medicine may affect your night vision.
- Avoid the use of alcohol while taking this prescription.
- This may not be prescribed during pregnancy or by those who may become pregnant while taking it.
- If you are breastfeeding women, consult your doctor first.