Elimite (Permethrin) cream is used to treat scabies. It is a condition caused by tiny insects called mites that infest and irritate your skin. This is used in adults and children 2 months of age and older. This medication may also be used to treat lice in adults and children 2 months of age and older. Lice are small insects that attach themselves to the skin on the head.
How does Elimite (Permethrin) Cream work?
Elimite (Permethrin) Cream acts on the nerve cell membrane to disrupt the sodium channel current. It is by which the polarization of the membrane is regulated. Delayed repolarization and paralysis of the pests are the consequences of this disturbance.
This medication is rapidly metabolized by ester hydrolysis to inactive metabolites which are excreted primarily in the urine. Although the amount of Permethrin absorbed after a single application of the 5% cream has not been determined precisely.
Why use Elimite (Permethrin) Cream?
Elimite (Permethrin) Cream is a topical scabicidal agent. This cream contains Permethrin as an active ingredient. Each gram of this cream has 5% of Permethrin which is equivalent to n50mg of Elimite Cream. It is available in off-white and vanishing cream-base. This has been already approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How to use Elimite (Permethrin) Cream?
This medication is for use on the skin only. Apply the cream as soon as it is prescribed.
Apply it from your head to the soles of your feet, including under your nails and skin folds such as between the toes. Massage the cream into the skin. Wash off the cream after 8-14 hours by showering or taking a bath.
Avoid getting it into your eyes, mouth, nose, or vagina. If the medication gets in your eyes, flush the eyes with plenty of water as soon as possible. Do not use this medication more than the prescribed.
What are the side-effects of Elimite (Permethrin) Cream?
- Skin irritation (swelling, itching, or redness)
- Mild burning
- Tingling where the medicine was applied
Warnings and Precautions
- Before using this medication, inform your doctor if you are allergic to it or if you have any allergies. Tell also to your doctor if you have any medical history or any current medications/treatments.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant before using this medication.
- It is unknown if this passes to breast milk. Consult your doctor first before you buy online.
- Keep this away from the reach of children.