Deferasirox Tablets is indicatedfor the treatment of:
- On-going high levels of iron in the body that is caused by multiple blood transfusions
- High levels of iron in people with a certain blood disorder. It is for those who do not require blood transfusions called non-transfusion-dependent thalassemia (NTDT)
Numerous blood transfusions are necessary for certain types of blood diseases like anemia and sickle cell disease. Blood transfusions have very helpful benefits. They can cause the body to hold on to excessive iron. The extra iron can build up in the body and may cause problems such as:
Getting rid of too much iron canlessen the risk of these diseases.
How do Deferasirox Tablets work?
Deferasirox is highly selective for iron while it does not appear to promote the dietary absorption of iron. Although this has a very low affinity for copper and zinc, there is a variable lessen in the serum concentration of these trace metals. It is after the administration of Deferasirox. These transient decreases may be clinically irrelevant. The iron complex of this drug appears to be inert. This is also excreted to a large extent in the feces, rather than being redistributed.
Why use Deferasirox Tablets?
Deferasirox is in the class of drugs known asiron chelator agents. This is an orally active substance that binds selectivelyto Fe3+. It is a tridentate ligand that needs two molecules of itself to form afirm complex with each iron atom.
Jadenu is the brand name of this drug that contains Deferasirox as an active ingredient. This is available in the strengths of 90 mg, 180 mg, and 360 mg. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this prescription.
How to use Deferasirox Tablets?
Jadenu Tablets is to be taken by mouth usually once a day. Eachdose is to be taken on an empty stomach or with a light meal. Avoid taking thiswith a meal high in calories and fat. It may increase your risk of sideeffects.
Take the tablets with a full glass of water. If you have trouble swallowing the tablets, you may crush it and mix it with soft foods. Swallow the drug and food mixture right away. Do not prepare in advance. The dosage is based on your medical condition, weight, and response.
What are the side-effects of Deferasirox Tablets?
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Hives or skin rashes
- Vision problems
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
Warnings and Precautions
- Before taking this medication, tell your doctor ifyou are taking melatonin or caffeine supplements.
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant,breastfeeding, or planning to become pregnant. If you get pregnant while havingthis medication, call your doctor right away.
- Remember to take each dose at the same time everyday.
- Never share your medicines with others and usethis only for the indication prescribed.