Byetta (Exenatide) Injection is used by people with type 2 diabetes. This is used with a proper diet and exercise program. It is to control high blood sugar. Controlling high blood sugar helps prevent:
- Kidney damage
- Loss of limbs
- Nerve problems
- Sexual function problems
Proper control of diabetes may also decrease your risk of stroke or heart attack. This is a diabetes drug that is similar to a natural hormone in your body called incretin.
Howdoes Byetta (Exenatide) Injection work?
Byetta (Exenatide) Injection works by increasing insulin release, particularly aftera meal. It also decreases the total of sugar your liver creates. It slows down fooddigestion in your stomach and lessens the quantity of sugar absorbed from food. Thisdrug may also help reduce your appetite.
Whyuse Byetta (Exenatide) Injection?
Byetta (Exenatide) Injection belongs to the group of drugs called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists. This is supplied for SC injection as a sterile. Each mL contains 250 mcg of synthetic Exenatide as an active ingredient. This medication is used an injected under the skin. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) already approved this medication.
Howto use Byetta (Exenatide) Injection?
Byetta Injection is usually usedtwice a day to be injected under the skin in the upper arm or thigh. The injectionshould be done within 60 minutes before morning and evening meals. It may alsobe before the two main meals of the day at least 6 hours apart.
Clean the injection site firstwith rubbing alcohol before injecting each dose. the injection site must bechanged each time to lessen the injury under the skin. The dosage is based onyour condition and response to the treatment.
Whatare the side-effects of Byetta (Exenatide) Injection?
- Upset stomach
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
Call for medical help if there aresigns of an allergic reaction:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your throat, face, tongue, or lips
- While taking this medication, carefully follow your diabetes management plan. It includes your medication, diet, exercise.
- Do not share your pen device with others, even if the needle is changed.
- You may experience dizziness, blurred vision, or headache due to extremely low or high blood sugar. Avoid driving or using any machinery that needs your alertness.
- Let your doctor know if you are allergic to it.
- Keep this away from the reach of children.