Azilsartan Medoxomil (Edarbi) is used for the treatment of hypertension or high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, kidney problems, and heart attacks. This can be used alone or in combination with other medications to lower mild-to-moderate high blood pressure.
How do Azilsartan Medoxomil (Edarbi) Tablets work?
Azilsartan medoxomil blocks the angiotensin II type 1 receptor. It is by preventing angiotensin II from binding and causing vasoconstriction. The ability of Azilsartan is to stay firmly bound to AT1 receptors for very long periods after drug washout is among its most uncommon features.
Why use Azilsartan Medoxomil (Edarbi) Tablets?
Azilsartan Medoxomil (Edarbi) is hydrolyzed in the gastrointestinal tract during absorption. This is a selective AT1 subtype angiotensin II receptor antagonist. This medication relaxes your blood vessels so that blood can flow more easily. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this treatment.
How to use Azilsartan Medoxomil (Edarbi) Tablets?
The recommended dose for this medication depends on your condition and response. Take this medication by mouth and as a whole. This is usually taken once daily with or without a meal. You will most likely feel the full effects of this treatment for about two weeks after you start taking it. Take it as directed by your doctor. To avoid complications, do not take more than 1 dose in a day.
What are the side-effects of Azilsartan Medoxomil (Edarbi) Tablets?
- Dizziness on standing
- Tired feeling
- Lack of energy or weakness
- Loss of appetite
- Rapid weight gain
- Feeling like you might pass out
- Unusual changes in the amount of urine
- Muscle spasms
- Symptoms of a high potassium blood level (muscle weakness, slow or irregular heartbeat)
If these persist or get worse, call for medical help right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding women, consult your doctor first before using this.
- Do not use this longer than the prescription.
- Inform your doctor if you have any allergies, medical history, or current medications.
- Do not share this or any of your medications with others who have the same condition as yours. It can be harmful to people to take this if their doctor has not recommended it.
- Avoid driving or do anything that needs your alertness. This medication may make you feel dizzy.
- Keep this away from the reach of children or from your pets.