Armodafinil (Nuvigil) is used to reduce great sleepiness due to narcolepsy and other sleep disorders. This includes a period of stopped breathing during sleep or also called obstructive sleep apnea. This may also be used to help you keep wide-awake during work hours. If you have a work schedule that keeps you from having a regular sleep routine or shift work disorder.
How does Armodafinil (Nuvigil) work?
Armodafinil (Nuvigil) works by increasing the total of dopamine in the brain. It is reducing the reuptake of dopamine into nerves. Dopamine is a chemical neurotransmitter that nerves use to connect with each other. This medication has wake-promoting acts.
Why use Armodafinil (Nuvigil)?
Armodafinil (Nuvigil) is an oral medication that is used to promote wakefulness. This is a white to off-white and a crystalline powder that is slightly soluble in water. This is also sparingly soluble in acetone and soluble in methanol. This medication belongs to the group of drugs called eugeroics. These are stimulants that provide long-lasting mental awakening. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this treatment. You can buy this online at its very affordable price.
How to use Armodafinil (Nuvigil)?
The recommended dosage for this medication will depend on your condition and response. This drug is to be taken by mouth usually once daily in the morning. You may take this with or without a portion of food. Take this regularly and as directed by your doctor.
What are the side-effects of Armodafinil (Nuvigil)?
Here are some p0ossible side effects that may occur while having this treatment:
- Dry mouth
- Frequent urination
- Shaking or trembling of the hands or feet
- Trouble breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Burning, dryness, or flaking of the skin
If these continue or get worse, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
Here are some things that you need to be precautious with while using this medicine:
- Before using this, tell your doctor if you are allergic to it.
- Consult your doctor first if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Do not stop this medication unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
- This may make you feel dizzy. Avoid driving or do anything that needs your alertness.
- Inform your doctor if you have any allergies, medical history, or current medications.
- Keep this away from the reach of children or from your pets.