Albendazole (Albenza) is used to treat certain tapeworm infections. Some of the infections are called neurocysticercosis and hydatid disease. These infections caused by worms are pork tapeworm or dog tapeworm. This is anthelmintic or anti-worm medication. This avoids newly produced insect larvae (worms) from developing or increasing in your body.
How does Albendazole (Albenza) work?
Albendazole (Albenza) absorptions are insignificant in plasma. It has a rapid conversion to the sulfoxide metabolite prior to reaching the systemic circulation. The general anthelmintic activity has been attributed to the primary metabolite. Maximal plasma concentrations of Albendazole were achieved 2-5 hours after dosage.
Why use Albendazole (Albenza)?
Albendazole (Albenza) is an orally administered anthelmintic drug. It is a white to yellowish powder. It is easily soluble in anhydrous formic acid. And it is a little soluble in methylene chloride and in the ether. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this medication. You can buy this here at its very affordable price.
How to use Albendazole (Albenza)?
The recommended dosage will depend on your condition and response to the treatment. This is usually taken 1-2 times a day. Take this medication by mouth and with food. If you trouble in swallowing the tablet, you may break it and take it water. Follow your doctor’s prescription very carefully.
What are the side-effects of Albendazole (Albenza)?
These are the possible side-effects that may occur while having this treatment:
- Abdominal pain
- Hair loss
- Vision changes
- Yellowing of skin/eyes
- Dark urine
- Easy bleeding or bruising
- Unusual tiredness
- Allergic reaction (itching/rash, swelling of the face, tongue, throat)
- Chest pain
- Sore throat
If these side effects continue or worsen, call for medical help right away.
Warnings and Precautions
These are the things that you need to be precautions with while having this treatment:
- Before using this treatment, inform your doctor if you have medical history especially of blood/bone marrow disorders or liver disease.
- Limit alcoholic beverages while having this treatment
- Consult your doctor first if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women before taking this medicine.
- This is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to any components of this drug.
- In case of overdose, symptomatic therapy and general supportive measures are suggested.
- Do not share this or any of your medications to others who have the same condition as yours.
- Keep this away from the reach of children or pets.