Advicor (Niacin XR and Lovastatin) is a combined medicine used along with a proper diet. This helps to lower bad cholesterol and fats (triglycerides, LDL) and raise good cholesterol (HDL). Lowering the bad cholesterol and raising the good one will lessen the risk of having a heart problem. It also helps prevent strokes or heart attacks. Lowering the LDL in people with very high LDL blood levels may also lessen the risk of having pancreas disease.
How does Advicor (Niacin XR and Lovastatin) work?
Advicor (Niacin XR and Lovastatin) works by decreasing the volume of cholesterol made by the liver. It helps the body to take away fats from the blood. As a single product, the two active ingredients work together as one.
Why use Advicor (Niacin XR and Lovastatin)?
Advicor is a single product that contains two medications; Niacin XR and Lovastatin. It belongs to the class of medicines called HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors. It is also known as one of the B vitamins or also called nicotinic acid. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this treatment. You can buy this here at its very affordable price.
How to use Advicor (Niacin XR and Lovastatin)?
The recommended dosage for this medication will depend on your condition and response to the treatment. This comes in a tablet form and usually taken once a day. This is to be taken at bedtime with a low-fat snack. This must be taken as a whole, do not crush or chew the tablet. Follow your doctor’s prescription very carefully.
What are the side-effects of Advicor (Niacin XR and Lovastatin)?
These are the possible side-effects that may occur while having this treatment:
- Stomach pain
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar)
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
Warnings and Precautions
Here are the things that you need to be watchful with while having this treatment:
- Seek immediate medical attention if an allergic reaction occurs.
- This may make you feel dizzy. Avoid driving or using any machinery.
- Limit your alcohol intake. It may increase your risk of having liver problems especially when you are using this drug.
- If you have diabetes, consult your doctor first. This may increase your blood sugar.
- Do not share this with others with the same condition as yours.
- This is not prescribed for women who are pregnant and breastfeeding.
- Keep this away from the heat and the reach of children/pets.