Acetazolamide XR (Diamox Sequels) is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. This is used for a variety of purposes like;
- Treating certain epileptic seizures
- Treating open-angle and angle-closure glaucoma
- Treating and preventing altitude sickness
- Reducing swelling caused by drugs, congestive heart failure, or other conditions
Why use Acetazolamide XR (Diamox Sequels)?
Acetazolamide XR (Diamox Sequels) is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. This is a water pill or also called as a diuretic. This medication can work less well over time. This is usually used only for a short period. Acetazolamide XR is a;
- Odourless powder
- White to slightly yellowish white crystalline
- Weakly acidic
- Very slightly soluble in alcohol
- And slightly soluble in water
This medication is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). You can buy this here at its very affordable price.
How does Acetazolamide XR (Diamox Sequels) work?
Acetazolamide XR (Diamox Sequels) works by stopping an enzyme known as carbonic anhydrase from working ordinarily. It has different effects in every part of the body. This lessens the activity of a protein in your body. By blocking the proteins, it helps to lessen the build-up of certain fluids in the body.
How to use Acetazolamide XR (Diamox Sequels)?
The recommended dosage for this medication depends on your medical condition. This medication comes as a capsule. Take it by mouth and swallow as a whole with a full glass of water. Do not break or chew it. Follow your doctor’s dosing instructions very carefully. Do not twice the dose. While using this medication, you may need frequent blood tests.
What are the side-effects of Acetazolamide XR (Diamox Sequels)?
Here are the possible side-effects that may occur while you are taking Acetazolamide XR:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Tingling or numbness in your arms and legs
- Confusion and drowsiness
- Hearing problems or ringing in your ears
- Increased urination
- Altered sense of taste
Seek for medical help if you have signs of allergic reactions like;
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling (face, lips, tongue, or throat)
Call immediately your doctor if you have:
- Loss of movement in any part of your body
- A blood cell disorder
- A seizure (convulsions)
- Liver problems
- Blood in urine or stools
- Signs of metabolic acidosis and kidney stone
- Severe skin reaction (skin pain followed by a red or purple skin rash and causes peeling and blistering)
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not share this medication with others who have the same condition as yours.
- Consult first your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Tell to your doctor if you have a medical history or current medications.
- Keep this away from the reach of children and pets.