Acanya Gel is a prescription used to treat acne vulgaris in people 12 years and above. This medication has two combined substances for it to hit many different acne-causing factors at once. Acanya Gel comes premixed and with just one pump it is ready to go. This is specifically used in the skin only.
How does Acanya Gel work?
Acanya Gels’ substances work better together. These substances have a mild dehydrating result that allows extra dirt and oil to be washed away. It also helps prevent the bacteria from developing on the skin.
Why use Acanya Gel?
Acanya Gel contains a mixture of clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide has an antiseptic result. Clindamycin is an antibiotic. This medication is already approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). You can buy this at its affordable price.
How to use Acanya Gel?
Before applying the Gel, wash your face first with soap and warm water. Then dry it. Use a pea-sized amount of Acanya Gel. You can apply this to the six strategic areas of the face; chin, cheeks, nose, and two dabs across the forehead. Rub it gently until the gel disappears. Apply it once daily. Make sure that you apply it over the entire area and not just on individual pimples. Wash your hands with soap after applying Acanya Gel.
What are the side-effects of Acanya Gel?
The following are the possible side-effects that may occur. They are possible but they do not always occur. Some of these may be rare but serious. Contact your doctor if you have experienced any of the following especially if they do not go away.
- Dry skin
- Peeling of skin
- Oily skin
- Irritation where this drug is used
Warnings and Precautions
Here are things that you need to be precautious with while using this treatment;
- If you have open wounds or sunburned skin, consult your doctor first before applying Acanya Gel.
- This may cause bleaching effect on the fabric.
- Do not apply an excessive amount of this to avoid pilling.
- Reduce the amount when you apply this if it causes redness or peeling.
- If there is a sign of an allergic reaction, stop using this treatment.
- This is not prescribed for those who have ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, or colitis.
- Before using this, consult first your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Keep this away from the heat and away from children’s reach.