Abilify (Aripiprazole) is primarily prescribed in the treatment of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Abilify is also used with an antidepressant to treat depression when the symptoms can’t be controlled by the medicine alone. Abilify (Aripiprazole) is known as an antipsychotic drug (atypical type).
How does Abilify (Aripiprazole) work?
Abilify (Aripiprazole) works by helping you restore the balance of certain natural chemicals. It is called neurotransmitters that are in the brain. This medication can improve your concentration and lessen your hallucinations. This will help you to think more positively and more clearly. Abilify will also help you to become more active in everyday activities in your life.
Why use Abilify (Aripiprazole)?
Abilify (Aripiprazole) belongs to the class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. This can help you treat severe mood swings and lessen how often your mood swings happen. This medication has already been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). You can buy this here at its lowest price.
How to use Abilify (Aripiprazole)?
Take Abilify (Aripiprazole) by mouth with or without food. This is taken usually once a day. The recommended dosage will depend on your age, weight, medical condition, and response to the treatment. Follow carefully your doctor’s instructions.
What are the side-effects of Abilify (Aripiprazole)?
Here are some side-effects that may happen while you are taking Abilify (Aripiprazole):
- Heartburn, Constipation, Diarrhea
- Stomach pain
- Weight gain
- Feeling unsteady
- Increased appetite and salivation
- Pain in the arms, legs or joints
- Slow, fast or irregular heartbeat
- Changes in vision, chest pain, high fever
- Falling and confusion
- Itching, rash, and hives
- Tightness in the throat and tightening of the neck muscles
- Sweating, seizures, headache
- Unusual movements of your body or face that you cannot control
If these side-effects continue and worsen, seek for medical attention right away.
Warnings and Precautions
The following are the things that you need to be precautious with:
- Do not share this medicine with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- Inform your doctor if you have any medical history or present medications.
- Before taking Abilify (Aripiprazole) or any other medicine, make sure that you are not allergic to it.
- This may cause dizziness and blur your vision. Do not drive or do anything that needs a clear vision.
- If an overdose occurs, call your doctor immediately. The following are the symptoms of an overdose;
-Nausea and vomiting
-Changes in heartbeat
-Drowsiness and weakness